Each Saturday I go back to the basics; ink, paper and stamps. This week I was inspired by this card created by fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Jenn Sannes.
With such a simple design this would be an easy card to make a batch to thank each of your child's teachers or put them in a nice little hand made box and save them for Christmas gifts for the teachers. One of the projects in my 12 Weeks of Christmas Newsletters will be just such a box so be sure you're signed up to receive my newsletters so you won't miss it. To sign up just add your email address to the gray box at the top left of this page.How to:
- Stamp two apples with Real Red Classic Ink and one with Certainly Celery Classic Ink onto a 2 5/8" x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock
- Adhere this to a 2 7/8" x 3 3/4" piece of Certainly Celery Cardstock
- To make the card score a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock at 4 1/4"
- Next cut a 14" length of 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon. Tie a knot near one end and adhere around the card as shown.
- Attach the matted stamped apples with Stampin' Dimensionals over the ribbon and stamp "Just a note of thanks" using Real Red Classic Ink
If you plan to make these for teacher gifts I would encourage you to get your supplies together and make them now. I find that crafting gifts now makes the process enjoyable, but if I wait until the holiday season is here I just feel rushed and don't have nearly as much fun.
Stamps: Tart & Tangy and Thank You Kindly
Inks: Real Red and Certainly Celery Classic Inks
Paper: Whisper White and Certainly Celery
Other: 5/8" Real Reg Grosgrain Ribbon