What is Thrifty Thursday?
With the economy still on the rebound we all need to get as much bang for our buck as possible. So each Thursday I'll show you inexpensive ways to use your paper crafting supplies.
This weeks project.
This week I promised to show you a coordinating pen cup and pens to go with last weeks desk caddy. This started out as a frosting container. With the addition of a little designer series paper and cardstock it is now part of a matching desk set.
First you need to make a delicsious desert that requires frosting. Then peel the label and wash thoroughly.
- Cut a strip of cardstock 11" x 3 1/4"
- Cut a strip fo coordinating designer series paper 11" x 3"
- Place Sticky Strip along the short sides of both pieces and then a strip 3" to 4" down the middle.
- Wrap the cardstock piece around the container.
- Repeat with the designer series paper
From here you can add any emblishments you like.
- Start with RSVP Pens
- Cut a piece of designer series paper (cardstock is too thick) 3 1/2" x 7/8"
- Unscrew the end of the pen (the non writing end), the ink part will come out with the end
- Roll the paper, insert into the pen and screw back together
The most expensive part of today's project are the pens. If your frugle you should be able to find them onsale from time to time especially right before school starts in the fall.
Remember it's Sale-a-bration which means it's a great time to stock up on your favorite products.
For every $50 you purchase you'll receive FREE product from the Sale-a-bration Mini Catalog. Click here to see what you can get for FREE!
Inks: Chocolate Chip (for sponging)