This was the free make'n take project at my Holiday Open House last weekend. Both new and experienced paper crafters loved it because it was adorable and easy to make.
This is the perfect little something to add to stockings, give co-workers or your kiddos entire classroom of friends. They are easy and fast, so whipping up 20 or 30 isn't crazy.
Want to make your own Very Merry Tags Ghirardelli Treat Holder?
Read through the tutorial below.
How to make the Very Merry Tags Ghirardelli Treat Holder
Cut the following:
- 8 3/4" x 3" Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, score at 1", 5" and 5 3/8"
- 3/4" x 3" Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
- 2" x 3" Crumb Cake Cardstock
- 1/2" x 3" Season of Style Designer Series Paper
- Begin by stamping the naughty/nice stamp from the Very Merry Tags Stamp Set using Old Olive Classic Ink on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Punch out with the Decorative Label Punch
- Fold Cherry Cobbler Cardstock along score lines.
- Adhere the Season of Style Designer Series Paper strip onto the small strip of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.
- Adhere that onto the center of the Cumb Cake Cardstock.
- Adhere that onto the front flap of the treat holder.
- Now adhere the punched naughty/nice over the strips.
- Staple or adhere chocolate into treat holder.
- Fold small bottom flap up on treat holder and staple in place.
- Tuck front top flap under bottom front flap.
- Adhere small knot of 3/4" Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon with a Glue Dot to cover the staple.
Even better it will also hold the fun size package of regular M&M's. Great for little ones that won't really appreciate Ghirardelli chocolates.
My realtor, Paula Gold, liked the project so much she asked me to make some for her so she could tuck her business card in behind the chocolate. Great idea Paula!
Stampin Up Supply List
Stamps: Very Merry Tags (#130402)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (#119685), Crumb Cake Cardstock (#120953), Whisper White Cardstock (#100730) and Season of Style Designer Series Paper (#132340)
Accessories: 3/4 Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon (#130012) and Glue Dots (#103683)
Tools: Decorative Label Punch (#120907)