I am so excited to say I'm going to be part of Mama Cents! What is Mama Cents you ask? It is a children's consignment sale. They have clothes, toys, furniture, all kinds of baby and kid paraphernalia at great prices because everything there is on consignment from other money savy moms. In today's economy who can't stand to save a little while spending and make a little money cleaning out the closets!
The sale is the last weekend in September, Friday the 25th through Sunday the 27th. Please check out their website www.mamacents.com and be sure to sign up for their newsletter. There are lots of hints and tips, not to mention coupons and freebies in every issue.
So what does sock monkey have to do with Mama Cents? I, rather, For Love of Paper, is a sponsor. So I'll have a display to share lots of great projects and ideas with all the moms at the sale. This sock monkey card is part of one of my displays. I plan to have a couple more cards and treat containers using the oh so adorable sock monkey stamp set. I just need to find that candy that looks like little bananas.
Here is what you'll need to make your own sock monkey card:
Stamps: Sock Monkey
Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue and Summer Sun Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Happy Birthday SSK DSP (stripe), Water Color Paper, Brocade Blue and So Saffron
Other: Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Vintage Brad, Hole Piercer & Mat Pack, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and Word Window Punch
- Begin by cutting a piece of Water Color Paper 3" x 4". Stamp the Monkey on the upper portion, centered left to right, using Basic Black Classic Ink.
- Color the monkey using Close to Cocoa and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers. Then use an Aqua Painter to remove a bit of the color on the Close to Cocoa portions of the monkey.
- Adhere a 1" x 3" piece of striped DSP (this striped DSP is from the Happy Birthday Simply Scrappin' Kit). Then adhere the Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon over the seam of the two papers.
- Stamp "just for you" using Basic Black Ink on a scrap of So Saffron CS. Punch this out using the Word Window Punch. The right end of the punched shape will be cut off straight so keep the words to the left. Adhere this over the stripe DSP below the ribbon.
- Adhere the monkey piece to a mat of Chocolate Chip CS 3 1/4" x 4 1/4".
- Use the hole piecer and mat pack to pierce holes in the upper corners and add a vintage brad to each hole.
- Adhere the entire piece onto a Brocade Blue Card Front 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
- Now adhere the card front to a Whisper White Card Base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".
- Stamp the cupcake on a scrap of Water Color Paper. Color the cupcake using Close to Cocoa, Real Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Brocade Blue Stampin' Write Markers. Color the candle flame with the Summer Sun Stampn' Write Marker. Cut out the cupcake with scissors and attach over the monkey's hand using a Stampin' Dimensional.
If you are not a fan of cutting out small pieces you could easily use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to mask the cupcake, and then stamp the sock monkey. This is what I would have done but didn't think of it until I had the monkey colored and all so I went the cutting route.
Take a look at all the fun accessories sock monkey has available to play with.
Sock Monkey (111550) Set of 10 $26.95
Sock Monkey Accessories (111552) Set of 8 $21.95
Click here to place your order online or contact me by phone or email today!