What is Thrifty Thursday?
With the economy still on the rebound we all need to get as much bang for our buck as possible. So each Thursday I'll show you inexpensive ways to use your paper crafting supplies.
If you received an invitation that looked like this you're not likely to forget the party! With just a little cardstock and candy you're guests will be so excited they'll arrive early.
While this invitation does need to be hand delivered it's totally worth it.
- Cut a box and lid using the Sizzix Matchbox Die from Basic Gray Cardstock.
- Stamp the swirly bat image from the From the Crypt stamp set using Basic Black Classic Ink
- Stamp the tombstone from Graveyard Gala using Basic Black Classic Ink onto Basic Gray Cardstock. Cut out leaving 3/4" of cardstock on the bottom. You'll also want to cut away the right "side" of the tombstone.
- Sponge edges of everything using Basic Black Classic Ink
- Assemble the matchbox
- Cut a strip of Basic Gray cardstock 1/2" x 3" and score at 1/2" and 2 1/2"
- Add Sticky Strip across the entire strip.
- Attach 1/2" Strip to the bottom of the tombstone and then to the inside of the box slider/lid/cover.
- Cut four strips of Rich Razzleberry cardstock 3 1/4" x 1".
- Stamp crow from Graveyard Gala on each and adhere around four Hershey Nugget Chocolates.
Note: You may have to fidget with the box to get it inserted the first time because it runs into the extra 1/2" strip of cardstock holding everything together.
How much does each invitation cost?
1 Sheet Basic Gray Cardstock $ .29
Hershey Nuggets $ .40
Rich Razzleberry Scraps FREE
Total Cost $ .69
Stamps: Graveyard Gala and From the Crypt
Inks: Basic Black Classic Ink
Paper: Basic Gray and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock
Other: Sizzix Big Shot, Matchbox Die, Stamping Sponge and Sticky Strip